Friday, May 13, 2011

Artist Profiles: Crawl Babies


This interview was such a long time coming. It survived multiple disasters. Diseases, almost deaths, evacuations, things like that.

But Artist Profiles is back y'all. And I couldn't be more proud to introduce you to Crawl Babies!

A few moons ago Mythical Legends was doing an open mic and these three guys walked in afterward to play a set. Bug and I thought we would check out a song or two and ended up enjoying it so much we stayed for the whole show. I have kind of been fanning out on them ever since. Phil (guitars, vocals), Clayton (drums) and Jake (guitar) have all known each other and been playing music for a long time, their bond is a true delight to behold indeed.

I kept hoping they would invite me on a summer trip where we would load up our backpacks with canned goods and sodas and hike on rail road tracks and look for dead bodies.

but they didn't.

Hanging out with them in Sunset Park and having a couple beers was pretty cool though. I also would highly recommend you check out their current album Tangles, which I have really been getting into. It's like dreamy summer surf pop, but it cuts deep. Should I dance or kill myself? I don't know..? And the guitars. They do rad things. My favorite song keeps changing (a sign of a good album), right now it's Two Nights in Philadelphia, but it has been Ginger's Gone (I will play lasers on this song. I will.) so I was stoked when they played it for me right there in Clayton's bedroom! Enjoy the show:



Then we sat down and did this. RIP Triceratops'. Seriously? I don't know what that means, but it worries me:



Crawl Babies blog here

Crawl Babies music here

Thanks so much guys! And for my new friend Timmy the silver bird. He lives in my bag and keeps me safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment