Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Show Time!


Last night a great show went down at Lit Lounge. It was a fairly small crew that rolled out, but a lot of love in the room. And the music was great, we were all there to support each other and have a good time. Doom Trumpet, Mythical Legends, Thurlow. Here's a little taste of what you might have missed, or what you saw, or what you played. It depends on who you are I guess.

Doom Trumpet: Valya

I strongly suggest you watch this video all the way through, David is really doing some rad things with layering and he was singing last night in such an unrestrained operatic way. We were all stoked and I was like "whoa." Keep it up man, whatever the note is that's calling you, you are hitting it. Whoa!

Mythical Legends: Mermaid

This is the first recording we have of our new song Mermaid. It's about a Mermaid who falls in love with a sailor then accidentally drowns him. Because it's me I'm like "oh man, I don't like the way it sounds there." But ultimately, this song is one we are very very proud to call our own.

Thurlow: Invisible Eyes

Our new BFF's from Los Angeles by way of Virginia closed the set down beautifully. I was geeking out about a lot of their stuff, especially that old Casio that makes me drool. But they are lovely, this song really spoke to me as well. A true friendship was planted last night. Can't wait to see you guys again!

More of Doom Trumpet here
More Mythical Legends here
More Thurlow here

No comments:

Post a Comment