Sunday, September 9, 2012

RIP Polly the Goldfish


Anyone who knows me well over the last couple years knows about Polly. She was my goldfish and we went through a lot together. Being homeless together, moving across the country in a ice tea container, and she was even stranded by my roommates in a hurricane for two days while I was in Greece!......she was a tough little thing. She died on Friday the 13th this past July of 2012. It was a hard time for me. I wrote her a song. Someone told me that when a fish dies it's because it is taking a hit for somebody else to prevent something bad happening to them. So I believe she saved my life. I buried her in the garden at the bar and light a candle for her sometimes.


I had a friend
a dear, dear friend
she swam, she danced
she played dead pretend
and then she died
she saved my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment