Friday, June 26, 2009

Highway Drifter...

This is Fufu. He is my Charley. Stays in my lap the whole time!

Thursday, June 25th day one.

Today Michael Jackson died.
I also found out that it's Pollinators awareness week and am humbly thanking all the beetles, bumblebees and butterflies habiting this earth; I suggest you do the same.
Driving past a huge GM plant with an empty parking lot I wondered how many people might have lost their jobs there and visioned their families; I sent them good wishes; I suggest you do the same.

The clouds seem to be the best company one could ask for, showing off for me as they billow and dance around; it makes me so jealous.....like "I know how you feel, staying in one position can be so constricting, can't it?" And they follow me along.
In Ohio the sky turned a deep grey, almost black and the clouds started to literally gallop. It looked like the fields were on fire with smoke, but indeed, it was the sky, coming towards the road and yes, I was driving into the craziest lightning storm ever. Blues, greys, and black as lightning lit up the fields around me.....I just kept on a drivin'. Before long, as everything does, it passed and the way the clouds opened up and welcomed back blue sky and sunshine was just a real moment.

Fucking Nature. It always wins.
Sorry the pictures don't do any justice, they wouldn't anyway, but I was also driving on the highway in a middle of a tornado type deal.




I arrived safely in Chicago to a welcome cozy home. I met up with a friend of mine who I haven't seen in years. We got tacos and walked around and then discussed such important topics as whether it would be cooler to see a dragon or a unicorn and what their different dimensions truly are. (Dragons are really fucking big, we decided). In this neighborhood in Chicago, wild bunnies are as common on the streets as chicken bones in Brooklyn!

Thank you to Erin, Romie, and Justin for making my first night so warm.......off to Wisconsin!

1 comment:

  1. rooad triiiip! i'm so excited to follow your adventure my dear, though brooklyn is truly not the same without your presence (i can FEEL that you're gone, i swear!).

    ReplyDelete