Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm Still Here


Don't worry. So much has happened this last month.

Lost my job, lost a friend, went to Mexico, played a show, sent out resumes;
deciding where to go......
next.

This is the first time in my life I have been unemployed since I began working at 16. My immediate impulse was to send out mass amounts of resumes to bars and restaurants so that New York wouldn't eat me alive with it's rent and seemingly necessary extravagances (I like my $2 a day NY Times, thank you), but things have surprised me. I've surprised myself.

There are choices to be had. The paper, well, I can find used ones in almost any cafe and the crossword is usually in tact. Bottles of wine (good wine) cost less then 2 glasses at a bar (sometimes even 1, depending on your taste), having people over again is nice. Eggs are incredibly versatile, not too expensive and can be used in any meal. Seriously. I still buy organic food and dairy, but with more longevity in mind. Soup can taste good for days.

Beer is cheap. And delicious.

I can make music for free, and it's delicious.

People in the neighborhood are taking care of me. I have been working here and there at Milk Bar, 1 of a Find, and Weather Up. All in my little Brooklyn community. All this helps keep me here, physically and spiritually.

I stay quiet, listen for direction.........what next? Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment