Friday, March 25, 2011

New Music Friday!


Check out this adorable music video from DC duo Birdlips. I actually saw them play quite some time ago at Union Hall in Brooklyn. I enjoyed the show a lot, but unfortunately, I got so drunk on white wine (who me?) I think I said a bunch of words at them that sounded like one sentence and then woke up the next morning with an awesome tote bag of theirs that I'm still using.... wah wah. I was so pleased though when a friend of mine (who's a real gay blade by the way, old school definition that is, and who also taught me the phrase) sent me this track and video the other day. While I do have a soft spot for couple bands, guys and girls playing together is just a beautiful energy to behold, that is beside the point (or is it?) that this is just a really cool song. It has old school sleepy beach surf all over the place and then some grungey I'm going to drink coffee and look at the rain mumblings and whispers through the vocals, and what a nice little bass line indeed to boot. But I hate trying to categorize new music like that, really, what I'm trying to say is that they should just have babies and travel around in a caravan.

I look forward to whatever else is coming from them, you should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment