Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Book.

I just, as in like a half hour ago finished a book. It is such a bittersweet feeling the finality of it all. My friend Ryan had given me Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf for my birthday this year and it took me a while to have the time to pick it up and give it it's due. The whole book takes place in one day post WWI in England. But that's beside the point, it could have been written at any time because it's just about life. We get old, we have thoughts inside our heads we never share, we have people we love, people we don't tell we love, people we pretend to love...we are sad. And we show up to parties and the whole world unravels and reveals itself. And it doesn't. The book made me feel lighter, not heavier, though much of it is not happy or otherwise; just very thoughtful and real, a day. We can think so much in one day, we can change our lives in one day; we judge in a day, we go to sleep and then that's that.

Thanks Ryan. I am happy for this. Drinking some beer, reflecting, capturing something, still not sure what, but there is some serious purpose being served. xoxo everyone. It is real.....and it is not. How do we bridge that?

No comments:

Post a Comment