Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kind of Like Riding a Bike


Guess what I did today (other than go to work..)? (Did I use the right than or is it then......fuck)

I went to a CD store. Seriously, it's a skill and I have lost it. I spent my youth in CD stores and it's been sooooo long that when I first went in I had to re-teach myself how to just relax and browse and navigate the groupings and classings.

Then I was in heaven. I went to Other Music in NOHO/East Villageish and they had such an interesting set up for such a small store, a little bit pretentious with the classifications (some sections had hardly any labeling and some were titled "then" or "now" for certain time periods or "in" or "out", which I still don't understand), but still, it was soul satisfying to just hear the sound of flipping through CD's again. Need more of it and intend on making that happen. It was a bummer that I went there for specific things and they didn't have them, but maybe that's my problem.......(No Danzig though?) Maybe not.

I purchased some old stuff that I know well and needed again as well as some new stuff that I need to explore as well as some stuff that I have no idea what the hell it is....and I think I love it all from what I've been hearing. Came home from work, cleaned the city sweat off of me, poured a cold beer in a frozen glass (heaven) and started a private music party.

I bought:

-Grace Jones' new album Hurricane
-Velvet Underground's Warhol album
-B.Boys Ill Communications
-some album called The Sound of Wonder- the first wave of plugged in pop at the pakistani picture house, music from Pakistan movies in the 60's......how could you say no. really.

So, the Pakistani album is amazing and has a lot of songs by this guy, M. Ashraf and I am in love:


Wicked Bass Line.

I'll let you all know how the "DJ" event goes tomorrow. I am just excited that I found out my darling Mai will be there, friend for life recent Seattle to New York transplant. She gets the shout outs from the bottom of my heart.

Is it bad of me that I am mainly concerned about my outfit?

No comments:

Post a Comment