Monday, August 24, 2009

That Magic Moment

Today I felt kind of weird. I had a lot on my mind and was feeling pretty isolated in my thoughts. I wasn't sad or upset at all, in fact I had a beautiful walk through the park and was pretty damn happy. It was just a solitary day and I was totally fine with that.

Laid in bed, read, wrote, did nothing and then I had to get ready for work. I decided I needed some music to suit my mood and was having a really hard time finding it.

The thing about music is that each and every song is it's own being and is neither really good or bad, but can be perfect for different moments. The art of music is finding the right song for the right time. My strange mood made this journey particularly challenging and I struggled until I decided..........Joy Division. And that was it.

One particular song seemed to become my song that I dedicated my Monday to: No Love Lost.

Here's to Monday, August 25 2009. There will never be another one again and I pay homage to my mood and my day. All the footage is from the movie about Ian Curtis and Joy Division called "Control," which I saw and was alright with.



xoxo Poppy Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment