Monday, July 13, 2009

Big Wheels Keep on Turning....

Los Angeles. I wasn't even sure if I would be able to create a posting for it to tell you the truth. We got lost almost every day, almost every time we left for anything, the driving is soul sucking (for me at least). When it takes longer to get anywhere then the time you actually spend there, it is trying on the mind and body. Going out was beyond a mission for us and people drive stupid here. But there was also moments of family, moments of cool saltwater waves, driving the coast with the windows down, playing with pets, reconnecting with old friends, and enjoying an industrial goth girl band complete with belly dancer and baby doll props. There was also bacon chocolate crunch bar and a double dose of David Lynch (via this show and also a Lynch star sighting), how apropo.
Lovely views.
I wish we had gotten their name (the band). Redwood bar downtown, an experience, a welcome one.
Beckitt, Ronin, and Rosebud in the kitchen.
Family time. My beautiful nieces Sienna and Sophia, my beautiful sister Tara.....love you!
This saved my life.
Best cure for a city meltdown. NATURE provides.
Eat at Animal. Best dinner out I've had in this town.

Also, on our way into LA we went to Pioneer Town in Joshua Tree. It's an old movie set town that got built in the 40's. Now people like Grandpa Angel live there and people like us dress "prairie-ish" and take pictures of ourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment