Monday, July 20, 2009

Witness the Fitness...

Interview. San Fran. Kara is a dear dear friend of mine from South Africa, currently living in San Francisco with her amazing husband Eric. We went out, we ordered a second pitcher of margaritas (no question about it) and we loved each other. Here's their thoughts on stuff:


1. Describe America in One Word?
Kara: Consume
Eric: Reinvention

2. If you Could Change One Thing About America What Would It be?
Kara: Strip malls and Billboards....chow time (for some reason the words chow time were in my notes so both Kara and I have no idea why, but I had to write it in cause I wrote it for some reason)
Eric: Get rid of electoral college and allow regional micro democracies to rule.

3. What's your favorite food?
Kara: Pint of hummus we get at our corner store, it's super garlicky, with basil, fresh baguette and tomato. And course sea salt.
Eric: Avocado, bleu cheese, grass fed beef burger on a baguette. Medium Rare.

4. Who is a Hero in your life?
Kara: My husband.
Eric: I'm just not a fan. It's hard to have faith in people. I'm Eternally optimistic and forever disappointed.

5. What is the biggest stress you have in your life?
Kara: I'm not home enough.
Eric: That I'm likely to be laid off tomorrow at 9:30.

6. If you could be any animal what would it be?
Kara: A Tiger
Eric: A Leopard

7. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
Kara: Where I am today. I've done everything I've wanted to and more.
Eric: I'm fairly open to new experiences.

8. What "words of wisdom" do you have to pass on?
Kara: If you're thinking about it, do it.
Eric: Learn to listen.

Well, Eric was laid off the next morning. No joke. I love the particulars in their answers, the best part about interviewing couples is watching them interact with each other, charming. Kara I love you, come to New York!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment